Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Wednesday, March 3

What I'm Reading now


I had friend ask what I was reading at the moment, and I thought I'd share it here as well. It's "The Ten Cent Plague, (The Great Comic-Book Scare And How It Changed America)" by David Hajdu. is is a fascinating and detailed look at the origins of comics and their rise in popularity duiring their golden age, leading up to the whole hysteria fed crack-down on comics. I haven't gotten too far into it yet, (just a couple of chapters in and they're discussing Superman's meteoric rise in popularity at the moment), but I find in very interesting and Hajdu really knows his stuff.


I'm also re-reading The Invisible man. I stumbled across this paperback copy and realized I hadn't read this book since I was a kid. Isn't this cover great? You know, I didn't remember the famous unveiling scene in the book took place so early on. A mere 30 pages into the book and he was already freaking the locals out with his missing noggin. Good book. H.G. Wells was a real genius and these books are always worthy of a re-read.

No comments:

Post a Comment