Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Monday, November 1

My Halloween Weekend



I had a terror-ific Halloween weekend – started it off Friday by celebrating my 16th wedding anniversary. My wife and I had dinner at The Melting Pot in Nashville. It is a fondue restaurant and a really fabulous place – it is also VERY pricey – I dropped over a hundred bucks on dinner, but what the heck, the 29th only comes around once a year, right?




Saturday evening we headed out to the Franklin Drive-in for a triple feature of horror movies: The Corpse Bride, Resident Evil 4, and The Exorcist. This time around I really enjoyed The Corpse Bride. I didn’t care for it too much when it first came out, but I think that’s because I was comparing it to The Nightmare Before Christmas. Taken on its own it’s a great little movie. Resident Evil is terrible…what a mess of a movie. I've never seen any of the previous Resident Evils so I was at somewhat of a disadvantage, but the film ought to be able to stand on its own regardless. It’s just a big blue-tinted cluster f*ck.

Sunday we ran out and got groceries for Halloween snacks. I made a big pot of chili, and my wife made a cake. Our place was hopping with kids coming in and out all day – the next door neighbor’s daughter asked if I would do her makeup, so around 5 o’clock she came over and I made her up. She was a vampire, and I added some corn-syrup blood on the corner of her mouth and chin that she loved. A couple of other kids had me do their makeup too, and then when it got dark the trick or treaters started to arrive. We had a bunch of kids, as always. We went through 5 large bags of candy.

I always hate for the season to be over, but I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving now. It is one holiday that I begin to appreciate more and more as I get older. No pressure, no presents, no stress, just kick back, enjoy some good food and watch some football. Good times.








No comments:

Post a Comment