Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Thursday, July 7

Vincentennial Post #17 - Vincent's Hollywood Estate


Vincent Price married Mary Grant Price in 1949 and purchased this huge house located on 580 Beverly Glen Blvd. in Hollywood. It is a massive estate, perfect home to Vincent's growing art collection. It was during this time that Vincent struck a deal with Sears Roebuck to offer Fine art reproductions to the public, and later other items such as pottery and wallpaper under the National Treasures line.



According to Price collector Robert Taylor, Vincent sold the house for 245,000 in 1974.  A few years later it was sold for over a million--and he wrote a note of apology to his ex-wife Mary for having sold it so cheap (she had advised him to hold onto it, as she felt the real estate would go up up up!).  In the mid-1980s, it sold for 6,000,000.


Vincent and Mary had a daughter named Victoria Price who would go on to write the book "Vincent Price a Daughter's Biography."

 

1 comment:

  1. This,the picture at cedar saini lebanon hospital with a baby in mrs. Price's arms with the blinds behind us, & the photo at vincent price's house with the pretty,adorable, most precious little girl was NOT their daughter. It was MICHELE ROBIN FINE!!! Agnes & my great grandpa Leo Seymour Friedman the 1st Production Supervisor from the Donna Reed Show back in 1950 something, which I was on Donna Reed the last taping of the foundling & On the Bewitched Show where Agnes Moorehead played my grandmama (Endora) & I played Tabitha Stephen's starting date was Wednesday January 18, 1961 until November of 1961. That same year that those rotten nogooders put some made up baby book name on MICHELE ROBIN FINE'S Bewitched contract of Cynthia Black. Mind you April May June was 1st going to be their made up from a baby book name, they had this name for 14 weeks before looking in that rotten baby book for a different name. Agnes & great grandpa Leo took this & all photo's pertaining to me Michele Robin Fine, ask CLINT EASTWOOD. Agnes brought me over to our friend Clint's house. Which I was on RAWHIDE, I was the indian baby in the basket that Clint was holding onto in a wagon 1961. I also was on the movie with VINCENT PRICE THE LAST MAN ON EARTH. Agnes had me at the ending on a bit with one of the actresses, 1961. I loved all of them, but that jealous jerk nogooder kept taking my rightful lineage name the one that signed my MICHELE ROBIN FINE'S Bewitched contract as I was Tabitha Stephen's with that false made up from a baby book name Cynthia Black. This is a made up name, not a real person back in 1961. You need to talk with me,in person, so I can give you my correct information as to what happened. I loved Vincent Price he was a wonderful gentleman an A + Actor. I also loved DICK VAN DYKE & his brother who was a wonderful man JERRY VAN DYKE. Anything they did was great!!!! Like in my movie that AGNES did for me when I was older living in Chicago was STRANGE INVADERS which I played Elizabeth Bigelow, MICHELE ROBIN FINE. I have that picture of me in my photo album. Along with my picture's of Elizabeth Wyatt - Michele Robin Fine on Agnes's movie to boost my career in 1961, ask DIANE KEATON my mommy J.C. WYATT, she knows the real truth! Agnes Moorehead, Diane Keaton, & I Michele Robin Fine did the bits in 1961, movie to be finished at a later date. You can also ask JAMES SPADER he'll tell you the truth.

    ReplyDelete