Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Wednesday, March 14

New Dark Shadows coming

Anybody else got a bad feeling about this new Dark Shadows remake from the Burton/Depp camp? Looking at stills like the one below, I definitely have my doubts. The makeup is so sissy looking. I guess I shouldn't be surprised though - I wish they'd quit going this effeminate route with Depp and make him look like a man for a change, instead of some cross dressing drag queen in bad makeup. ugh.

I'll keep an open mind, but this looks pretty far from the Jonathan Frid  portrayal of everyone's favorite daytime vamp, Barnabas Collins.The trailer comes out this week, movie comes out early May. We shall see...

1 comment:

  1. I started worrying as soon as I heard this would be a Burton/Depp-fest. This picture doesn't do much to assuage my worry. Although, at least here he actually resembles the source character, as opposed to that horrid Tonto getup in the latest Lone Ranger promo shot. I think LR may end up being the bigger stinkeroo of the two. Still, I'll give 'em both a shot...

    ReplyDelete