All you artists out there who are classic monster fans, here's your chance to prove your stuff and win great Universal prizes in the process.
Read the rules carefully before entering, especially paying attention to medium, size, and subject matter. Good luck!!!
ILLUSTRATE YOUR OWN VERSION OF A UNIVERSAL STUDIOS CLASSIC MONSTER
1. One artistic entry per person is allowed.
2. Participants: All amateur artists welcome. Open to U.S., Mexican, Canadian and British citizens only. Two age groups will be considered – up to 14 years of age, and 15 years of age and up.
3. Size Requirements: All submitted Artwork entries must be created on a maximum size of 8 1/2” X 11” and must be created on a flat paper material – no three-dimensional sculptures are allowed for this contest..
4. Medium: All artwork must be created entirely by the submitting artist. All two-dimensional hand-manipulated forms for art medium are acceptable. Oils, Acrylics, Pastels, Charcoal, Water Colors, Pencils, and Crayons are acceptable. We will not accept any Computer Design, Computer Illustration, or digitally manipulated designs. No Commercial Photo Lab work will be accepted. All Artwork must be original – but must be photographed and e-mailed per number five below.
4. Subject Matter: An original artistic rendering of ONE of Count Dracula, Frankenstein’s Monster, The Mummy, The Invisible Man, The Bride of Frankenstein, The Phantom of the Opera, The Wolf Man, or The Creature from the Black Lagoon. This should be the artist’s completely original conception of the character, and not based on any previous versions that have appeared in film, TV, comics, or any other artistic medium.
5. Label all artwork with your name, medium used, age, and complete address, phone number, and e-mail address and e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Judging: Will be done by a jury of prominent local Hollywood makeup artists and will be held prior to the October 2, 2012 release date of the Universal Classic Monsters – The Essential Collection set.
7. Dates: All submissions MUST be received by September 30, 2012.
8. Prizes: One Grand Prize will be awarded for each age group— each Grand Prize winner will win the complete Essential Collection set plus the Jack Pierce – Universal Monsters Bust created by Art of Clay plus a person-to-person phone call with a Hollywood monster maker. Five runners-up for each age group for each character included will win an Essential Collection Set.
9. Display: The top entries will have their collective artwork reproduced in high quality, full-color resolution and will be available for display on the Universal Monster Club website.
10. Note: All entries together with all of the entrant’s right, title and interest in the copyright for the work, shall become the sole property of Visionary Cinema upon submission. The entrant represents that each entry is the exclusive and original work of the entrant. Universal Studios Home Entertainment will not be responsible for displaying any artwork that does not win a prize nor be responsible for offering feedback about any and all artwork.