Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Sunday, November 8

R.I.P. Gunnar Hansen



I was truly bummed to learn of the passing of Gunnar Hansen when I woke this morning. Gunnar was, of course, best known to horror film fans as the chainsaw-wielding lunatic Leatherface in the original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, in 1974. I had the pleasure of first meeting Gunnar in 2005. He was in town to appear in director Ben Dixon's film Wolfsbayne (later retitled to Aconite) and doing a signing at a local comic book store, Outer Limits Comics. He was an incredibly nice guy, and funny, as the interview he did for my show, CHILLER CINEMA, shows. We shot a second quick promo for my show that still cracks me up to this day.

A true blow to the horror community, Gunnar will indeed be missed. Farewell my friend.



2 comments:

  1. Nice interview. A true horror icon from one of my most vivid drive-in memories of the 70's (TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE and TORSO on a double bill), plus one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet. He is much missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man. Gunnar was a cool dude for sure.

    ReplyDelete