Dr. Gangrene's Cinetarium airs Saturday Nights at 9pm central on Nashville NECAT Arts CH9. It is also simulcast on the NECAT Roku channel (search for Necat). Or click to watch below.

Monday, October 17

R.I.P. Ted V. Mikels

I was truly saddened to learn today that director Ted V. Mikels passed away. I had the pleasure of interviewing Ted in 2003 when he was in production for his film MARK OF THE ASTRO ZOMBIES, a follow up to his classic THE ASTRO ZOMBIES in 1968. He was so giving of his time and mailed me photos and memorabilia to use for the article. He later sent me a trailer reel that he cut together himself for me to use on my TV show, Chiller Cinema, and we stayed in touch over the years. A class act, all the way. I was really glad that he was able to keep working late in his career. Ted was a true maverick who made movies and lived his life his own way, outside the system. Here's to you, Ted. I will be firing up my CORPSE GRINDER tonight in your honor.



No comments:

Post a Comment